The Friends of Carlisle Cathedral
The Friends of Carlisle Cathedral organisation was founded in 1934 to assist the Dean and Chapter in maintaining and restoring this ancient place of worship. The group makes regular and valued financial contributions to both the music and the mission work of the Cathedral.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FRIENDS OF CARLISLE CATHEDRAL FOR THEIR VALUED CONTRIBUTIONS
Most notable has been their major contribution to the complete renewal of the electrical wiring and lighting system in the Cathedral and funds for
The Fratry Project: Bringing untold stories to life.
A VITAL GROUP
The Friends have are a vital help to us and stand in the great tradition of those who have served this place down nine centuries. By becoming a member, you can:
- Help to maintain and support the preservation of our great buildings and precinct which continues to inspire all who visit
- Share as you are able in its offering of worship and in upholding its musical tradition.
- Enjoy Festivals during the year – notably Candlemas when the Friends gather each year and the Friends’ Festival and AGM held each year in June.
- Receive the annual Cathedral Review and newsletters recording the life and progress of the Cathedral and its Friends.
- Meet with others with similar interests and have the opportunity to share in the outings and lectures which are arranged from time to time.
CONTACT THE FRIENDS
JOIN THE FRIENDS
New members are always welcome.
- Individual (annual) : £30
- Individual (life): £300
- Couple (annual): £50
- Couple (life): £450
- Student (annual): £10
- School/parish council: suggested donation £10
To join, please download this PDF form and return to:
The Membership Secretary
Friends of Carlisle Cathedral, Cathedral Office, West Walls, Carlisle, CA3 8UF
Using the Bankers Order form saves time and expense on administration. It offers you continuing membership until you decide to change your instruction to your bank. Don’t forget, Gift Aid can be claimed on your membership – if you are eligible please indicate on the form.