PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMING
We hope you will enjoy your visit to Carlisle Cathedral and take away some lasting memories and some equally memorable photographs. Please follow these simple guidelines when you are in the Cathedral and the precinct:
- Photographs must be for personal use.
- Please respect the privacy of other visitors and do not take photographs of children.
- Be respectful of those visiting the Cathedral for reflection and worship. We believe they should be able to do this undisturbed by cameras and smartphones
- No photographs may be taken of the choir(s) at any time.
- No photographs may be taken during services.
- Please do not access areas which are closed off.
- No tripods
Please note, however, that the Cathedral is a place of worship and a working building so there are appropriate times and places for your snapshots. Please do not be offended if you are asked not to take photographs at a particular time.
- Please do consider making a donation to support the Cathedral, either in cash or by card using our Donorpoint terminal (and do not forget to Gift Aid it, if applicable)
- Please do share your photos on social media and tag us!
- Twitter: CarlisleCath
- Facebook: CarlisleCathedral
- Instagram: carlisle.cathedral
For visiting exhibitions there may be issues of copyright. Please refer to the signage in place regarding permission to photograph these exhibits.
- If you require a photograph for commercial use, we can arrange for you to come on site at a convenient time to capture the images needed.
- A permit must be arranged in advance for any photography for commercial use, both inside the cathedral and within the precinct, including for weddings, private and public events
- Charges are considered on a case by case basis – please email details of your requirements to email@example.com
To arrange a permit, or for advice on any aspect of photography and filming at Carlisle Cathedral please email firstname.lastname@example.org